Manage your data
What does the course cover?
This course guides new Access users through the powerful Microsoft Access program introducing them to the concepts and ideas behind relational databases. The course explains the structure, design and capabilities of databases and covers automation using the VBA programming language.
Why take this course?
To be able to design and build databases incorporating the use of forms, queries and reports. If you want to be able to import and export information from Windows based products and analyse that data. You’ll gain an advanced understanding of this application.
Who should attend?
New users of databases and users who have experience using applications like Excel and require the advanced facilities of Access. Also suitable for programmers not familiar with relational databases. Anyone wanting to master the advanced functionality of Access.
Course previewEach course contains high quality, professional, Live demo’s, Downloadable exercise files and Real-world templates for you to use.
Course detail and sample lessons
Section 1: Introduction To Access
Section 2: Tables
Section 3: Table Relationships
Section 4: Queries
Section 5: Forms
Section 6: Reports
Section 7: Preparing Output
Skills you’ll learn
What you’ll be able to do after the course
- Create and understand simple relational database models
- Query a database and create summary reports
- Create simple forms and reports for data entry
- Select cells, rows and columns
- Create macros to automate reports and forms
- Editing A Reports Design
How you can apply these skills
What you’ll be able to use these skills for
- Design and build databases incorporating the use of forms, queries and reports
- Design a query to extract information from the database and export that information into other windows based products
- Manipulate expressions and to be able create and edit macros to help automate the use of the database
- Build queries and understand basic SQL syntax