Organise and analyse
What does the course cover?
Excel Pivot tables provide a powerful way to summarise and report on vast amounts of Data. You’ll learn in detail how Pivot Tables work and the structure that must be followed to create useful reports and charts. This course is vital to gaining the most from this powerful feature of Excel.
Why take this course?
This course covers the use of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, one of the most powerful data analysis tools available in Excel. If you need to work with databases or tables in Excel and report on that data, chances are that Pivot Tables will provide the fastest way to report and build charts on that data.
Who should attend?
Anyone using Excel unfamiliar with Pivot Tables who is working with lists of data, perhaps filtering or sorting that data. Pivot Tables provide a powerful interactive way to query the data and summarise the results quickly and easily.
Course previewEach course contains high quality, professional, Live demo’s, Downloadable exercise files and Real-world templates for you to use.
Course detail and sample lessons:
Create a pivot chart from a list
Skills you’ll learn
What you’ll be able to do after the course
- Check source data to ensure it’s correctly organized for Pivot Table results
- Figure out which data to put in row, column, or page areas
- Update or refresh the data in a pivot table when it is required
- Drill down into data using Pivot Slicer tool
- Work with the pivot slicer tool
- Use Pivot Action settings
- Learn about new features available with Excel 2013
How you can apply these skills
What you’ll be able to use these skills for
- Building summary reports from phone systems or accounts databases
- Build and format a pivot chart
- Summarizing sales based on sales person or region
- Calculating inventory levels and re-order quantities
- Use Pivot Charts to help make management decisions
- Analyse internet traffic statistics or Google reports
- Copy pivot charts into Word or PowerPoint