HTML & CSS
Learn to code
What does the course cover?
The aim of this course is to teach users how to develop Web pages using the HyperText Markup Language – HTML. With new developments in this web format specification occurring all the time and competing web browsers implementing solutions in different ways this course examines the best way to create effective and impressive web pages which will work on any platform.
Why take this course?
To be able to read and edit native code HTML documents using the HTML specification. To be able to import and export documents from existing applications (such Word, Excel). To understand the graphic file formats used in Web page design. To be familiar with some existing tools for web page publication. To be able find and lookup new HTML specifications on the web. To understand the concepts and terminology behind web scripts.
Who should attend?
Anyone needing to learn how to code for web pages. DTP users, designers and software developers wishing to become professional web designers and needing to learn the HTML language.
Course previewEach course contains high quality, professional, Live demo’s, Downloadable exercise files and Real-world templates for you to use.
Course detail and sample lessons
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Basic Page Structure
Section 3: Basic Formatting
Section 4: Hyperlinks
Section 5: Basic Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Section 6: Images
Section 7: Tables
Section 8: Forms
Section 9: Cascading Style Sheets And Layouts
Section 10: Uploading Your Site
Section 10: Summary
Section 11: Bonus Materials
Skills you’ll learn
What you’ll be able to do after the course
- Work with and understand XHTML and HTML tags
- Understand good SEO techniques
- Use CSS styles for web design
- Use CSS style sheets to customise web page layout
- Understand Graphic file formats
- Embed objects in a page
How you can apply these skills
What you’ll be able to use these skills for
- create effective and impressive web pages which will work on any platform
- To be able to read and edit native code HTML documents
- To be able to import and export documents from existing applications
- To understand the graphic file formats used in Web page design
- To understand the concepts and terminology behind web scripts