What does the course cover?
This course focuses on how to record and re-use Macros in Excel without programming skills. You’ll learn to work in Excel’s Developer Tab and learn where macros are stored. You look at the differences between absolute and relative macros and how to move macros between workbooks.
Why take this course?
This course will help you learn how to work with and manipulate Macros recorded in Excel. It will introduce you to the VBA Development environment to make basic alterations to recorded Macros. The course also provides examples of useful recorded Macros.
Who should attend?
If you are an extensive user of Excel, have completed Excel Level 3 – Advanced, and use the programme daily for completing repetitive tasks, then this course is ideal for you. Completing this course will save you many hours at work through the automation of tasks.
Course previewEach course contains high quality, professional, Live demo’s, Downloadable exercise files and Real-world templates for you to use.
Course detail and sample lessons
Recording Macros in Excel
Skills you’ll learn
What you’ll be able to do after the course
- Work within the Excel developer environment
- Run and record existing macros
- Create a custom tabs within the ribbon
- Move macros between different workbooks
- Debug a macro using step/walk tools
- Understand security settings for macros
- Understand the different between absolute / relative macros
How you can apply these skills
What you’ll be able to use these skills for
- To speed up repetitive tasks
- Learn how existing macros work
- Customise the Excel environment
- Create menus and easy navigation within Excel
- Copy macros between workbooks
- Create a custom menu in Excel
- Learn from existing pre-recorded macros